In this privacy statement, we explain what personal data we collect and use and for what purpose.
We recommend you carefully read this statement.
Privacy statement ima afscheidszorg
ima afscheidszorg is a funeral service provider that operates throughout the Netherlands under Chamber of Commerce number 60368454. We manage and arrange funerals for babies who have died during pregnancy or birth. We do this by providing expert advice and information so that the choices made are meaningful and appropriate.
In order to provide our services, we process privacy-sensitive information, also referred to as personal data. In some cases, we work together with other organisations or companies to process these data.
We believe that handling personal data with due care is of paramount importance. We, therefore, ensure that personal data are processed and secured with due care and attention. We adhere to the requirements of privacy legislation. This means, for example, that we:
- clearly explain for what purposes we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- limit the collection of personal data to only those data required for said purposes;
- first ask you for your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases that require your consent;
- do not forward your data to third parties unless this is necessary in order to provide the requested service or when we are legally obliged to do so;
- when sharing your data, make agreements with third parties to ensure, among other things, that these data are not used for other purposes;
- take appropriate security measures in order to protect your personal data and that we demand the same from parties that process personal data on our instruction;
- respect your right to consult, correct or remove your personal data at your request;
ima afscheidszorg is the controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation.
If you wish to contact us in respect of this privacy statement, please use the contact details below:
+31 (0)85 877 08 09
Ruth van den IJssel is the controller within the organisation
The personal data we process
We processes your personal data because you make use of our services and/or because you have provided the data to us yourself.
Depending on the services, we may process the following personal data of you:
- First name and surname
- Date of birth
- Address details
• Telephone number E-mail address policy number funeral insurance, if applicable bank account number, if applicable In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation,, other personal data you actively provide us with via correspondence and/or telephone apply to natural persons only: data of deceased persons are not personal data. The personal data of deceased persons may be used without permission, as long as the privacy of the living persons is not compromised.
Furthermore, we do not process special personal data such as citizen service number, race and religion and will, therefore, never ask for these data.
In order to arrange the funeral, we create a digital and partly hardcopy file in which agreements, scenarios, cost budgets, photos, music, mourning cards, notices, order forms, registration forms, e-mails, etc. can be stored, in addition to personal data.
For what purpose and on what basis do we process personal data?
We process personal data for one or more of the following purposes:
- providing our services, such as completing the cemetery/crematorium application form;
- contacting you by telephone or e-mail, if needed to provide our service, including the invitation of our annual commemoration day;
- handling your payment;
- applying and performing legal obligations, such as the registration of a death;
We collect these data on the basis of the following three bases:
- data processing is needed for the execution of an agreement;
- permission from the data subject;
- data processing is needed in order to comply with a legal obligation.
All pictures taken by ima afscheidszorg will be sent to your e-mail address via WeTransfer. These will be stored on a remote server for safekeeping in the event you lose them. We only release these photos after your explicit permission.
Securing and storing
We take personal data protection very seriously and, therefore, take appropriate measures to protect your personal data against misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised alteration. If you are under the impression that your data are not properly protected or in the event of signs of misuse, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not store the data for any longer than necessary. This means that we retain the data as long as is necessary to provide the service you have requested. This excludes data that we have to retain for longer by law, e.g. the statutory retention period of the administration, including invoices.
Disclosure to third parties
We only share your personal data with third parties if this is needed for the performance of our agreement with you or to comply with a legal obligation (e.g. cemetery/crematorium/municipality (registration)/funeral insurance/printer).
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party website hyperlinked to our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties process your personal data responsibly and safely. We, therefore, recommend reading the privacy statements of these websites before using these websites.
Use of social media channels
Inspection of and changing your data
You have the right to access your personal data or to have these corrected or removed. In addition, you have the right to withdraw any permission for or object to the processing of your personal data by us and you have the right of data portability. That means that you can submit a request to us to have the personal data that we keep on you in a computer file forward to either yourself or to another organisation as specified by you.
You can submit a request for access, correction, deletion or transfer of your personal data or withdraw your permission for or object to the processing of your personal data by e-mail to email@example.com. We further wishes to point out that you have the opportunity to file a complaint with the national regulator, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. To do so, use the link below: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
Changes to this privacy statement
We are entitled to change this privacy statement from time to time. Any changes made will be published on our website. We will never use your data for other purposes, without your permission.
We, therefore, recommend consulting this privacy statement on a regular basis, to keep yourself informed of any changes.
Entry into force
This privacy statement came into force on 23 May 2018.